Mittwoch, 3. Dezember 2014

Off-Topic; Essen Motor Show 2014

Ever since I got my drivers license, another stupid, ridiculously expensive industry draw my interest: Cars.
Don't get me wrong, not the 'OMG look at those rims, daaamn check out the V8, aaaaaw yeaaaaah AMG bro!'-kind of liking cars, I prefer slight understatement wagons and engines around 2.0 l and 170-220 PS, like the Volvo V60, Skoda Octavia RS or the BMW 320d.
Another question for 'what the fck is wrong with me?'-category but then I think about my passion for Grey's Anatomy, Sex and the City, baby cats and the movie LOL (the original version not the messed miley-cyrus-one) and calm down again.

Anyways, I absolutely wanted to visit the Essen Motor Show, I can't remember the last time I went to a trade show. It was kind of smaller than I expected and I'm still a rookie, so I just wandered around and took pictures of what I was interested in.
Suprisingly, Skoda presented the best booth in my opinion (they had free slushies! And the hostesses were wearing clothes which actually covered their bodies!).
I really like the brand and their refreshed line, huge props to the marketing head. (VW...'cough)
As I follow the Rally circuit (WRC and ERC) for over a year now, another highlight for me was to see the new Fabia R5 without the prototype paintjob (even if I'm sure the only R5 thing about this R5 was the body, haha).
BMW was lined up pretty nicely, too, but I don't like their new 'signature-white'.
The rest was filled with the standard stuff: Formula One, DTM, a few Dakar rigs (only a month left now!) classic cars, hot rods, motorcycles, merch, rims, suspension, etc.

My highlight was the drift show in the middle of the trade, even if I don't like this drifting-jdm-stuff, the skills these guys showed were incredible!
The guy with the LED's on his BMW absolutely won the style award but the two japanese rigs, a Toyota GT86 and a Mitsubishi FTO (I did a little research, this Mitsu has a Nissan RB25DET engine AND was reconstructed to rear wheel drive, seriously crazy shit and it absolutely sounded like it, too) totally smashed the hall (and my ears) with their exploding turbos. 

The lightning was really really bad for taking pictures with my poor equipment, so only a few (hardly edited) pics made it here...I should've taken my small digicam with me, this little magic wand.










All in all, a really cool side trip into the world of cars! But I'm gonna keep spending all my money on bikes I think, haha, even if I can't wait to put my feet on the pedals of my dream car...someday.

Love,
pwp


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...