Dienstag, 27. Januar 2015

New Year's Twist

So, over the last two months I went through the dullest and greyest slump I can ever remember.
I wasn't sad, I wasn't sick (except for a little cold) I just stopped doing everything and stared at the ceiling of my bed instead. No bad thoughts, still no sadness, just dull, meaningless staring. I stopped biking, cooking and eating well, working out, yoga, running, meeting friends. And I had absolutely no motivation to change this state. It felt so weird because I didn't want to do anything else but staring at my ceiling. When I had work to do, I finished it and went back to bed. When I didn't stare at my ceiling I stared at my computer screen and binge-watched Friends. All of the 10 seasons. I really loved the series for their exceptional characters who all accepted each other for who they are, awesome idea. But I wasn't happy either. Not happy, not sad, just dull. I have no idea how that happened, but I blame the weather. Winter really hit me between the eyes.

Good thing is, I started to find my way back. Eating well, drinking green smoothies, running, playing tennis, enduro tours. Motivation still is nowhere to find but being sick of this oppressive dullness helps a lot, too. I hope that my old habits come back when I push them myself.
Motivation follows, happiness follows, that's the plan.



But wintertime is always fashion-time for me, which luckily was the one thing that stayed with me.
I collected a lot of inspirations over the endless days at home, got some key-pieces that I cant wait to try out in spring/summer.
I got fed up over wearing jeans, so some other bottoms found the way into my closet.
Flared Midi Skirts and Cullotes are my absolute favourite right now.


Tibi always comes up with a great range of flared skirts, I love the combination with the cropped blouses! 
Source: style.com

 Oscar de la Renta was shining with a perfectly feminine collection again - I would
 LOVE to find a skirt like that. The feather-straps on the sandals are also gorgeous! 
Source: style.com



I also discovered my love for sneakers! Plain, simple sneakers with a chic twist are my favourite.
Shoes in general, I want to wear more pretty heels this year!

Janoskis are my absolute favourite right now. In my eyes, the perfect plain sneaker 
Source: primedelux.com

 


It takes me a looong time, to find heels that I like. Either they are too high to walk on or the shape doesn't fit or or or....but I want THESE!
Source: bodenusa.com











Twisting styles up is the most fun. Chic cullotes with vans, sheer blouse with a sports bra underneath. Love it! Found at theclassyissue.com

Yeah, my main goal this year is to celebrate my womanhood a bit more.
New Year's came a little late for me. Still doesn't feel like a real wake-up-call but it's a baby step. Baby steps back into happiness!
For the smirks here and there:





Love,
pwp


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...